Energy and Environmental Justice Team:
1. Community Solar: The community solar lottery happens on Wednesday, April 10. We will be watching that to see which vendors become approved and funded. There is still a process that needs to play out, so we still don't know exactly when contracts might be presented to congregations--it might be May or June.
Mark Burger is investigating a possible "on-line" system for analyzing contract offers, and the energy team is reaching out to Trajectory Energy to get their input regarding the timing and the process of contract offers.
2. Advocacy Day, Thursday, May 9 in Springfield. We are reaching out to Don Harmon and others to try to find out the content of the various energy bills being proposed, so we can educate ourselves and be better able to recruit other citizen lobbyists.
· IGN Earth Day Event-- Oak Park Library, April 23rd, 7-830: Climate Change/Agreement: please publicize- 5 from each congregation. Flyer attached.
· Looking to work with Village on Plastic Free summer
· Pushing Springfield May 9thvisit State Representatives with Faith in Place. Need 50 to fill bus
Food For All Species: August 3, Saturday, Native Garden Tour with 6-8 gardens working with Deep Roots and Wild Ones.
· Wild Ones Plant Sale: June 1 pick up-Euclid
· IGN Picnic: June 11 at Taylor Park
· IGN Breakfast-October 17
· Next Meeting: May 14, St Giles
“It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view…
We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God’s work.
Nothing we do is complete, which is a way of saying that the kingdom always lies beyond us.
…This is what we are about.
We plant seeds that one day will grow.
We water seeds already planted,
knowing that they hold future promise.
We lay foundations that will need further development.
We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.
We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in
This enables us to do something, and to do it very well.
It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord’s grace to enter and do the rest.
We may never see the end results, but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker
We are workers, not master builders… We are prophets of a future not our own.”
-Oscar Romero (1917-1980)